Merano and surroundings
The Merano tourist area, also known as Meraner Land, has a very diverse landscape. During camping holidays you could hike to the tops of the mountains reaching 3000 metres high or enjoy the weather and flat landscape of the Merano valley at 300 metres above sea level.
Discover campsites in Merano and surroundings.
The Meraner Land region is excellent for those who wish to combine a nearby lively and active historic centre such as Merano with the tranquillity found in nature and the mountains. If you decide to spend a holiday in this area we recommend visiting:
- Merano: The city offers numerous attractions and beautiful walks under the arcades to admire the historic centre or along the path that runs alongside the Passirio River
- Castel Trauttmansdorff and its gardens: Visit the 80 botanical areas in the Gardens. They contain plants from around the world and were named International Garden of the Year in 2013.
- Duomo di San Nicolò with its imposing 83 metre tall bell tower. It is one of the oldest examples of Tyrolean Gothic architecture
- Merano Spas: The spa complex offers many opportunities for wellness and relaxation
The Meraner Land region is especially suited to hikes, walks and bicycle rides. In fact, you will find many activities for all tastes.
- Marlengo Canal Path: The 12 km path follows a historic irrigation canal in South Tyrol. The path starts in Tel and arrives in Lana and is also suitable for families with children
- Monte Cervina Alpine Houses: The cable car leaves from the town of Saltusio in Val Passiria and climbs 2000 metres. The circular hike will take you to Hintereggalm and Mahdalm at an altitude of 2140 m where you can taste some of the local specialities
- San Pancrazio Lake: Take the cable car from Merano to Piffing. From here take trail 3 and then 4 to reach San Pancrazio Lake - also known as Lake Kratzberger - at a height of 2100 metres. This Alpine lake is recessed in granite and surrounded by imposing rocky peaks.
The Merano 2000 ski area is nearby with:
- 40 km of ski or snowboard slopes
- 25 km of paths for hikes by foot or with snowshoes
- Merano 2000 Snowpark Light
- Near the station up from the Merano 2000 Cable car or the Falzeben cable car you will find the Alpine Bob, the longest toboggan run in Italy.