Bolzano and surroundings
The city of Bolzano has much to offer those who would rather spend their holiday enjoying culture, shopping, nature and good food. In fact, in the areas surrounding the city there are numerous natural landscapes to be discovered whereas you can enjoy the city life in the history centre.
Discover the city of Bolzano, loaded with history and museums. Here are those you shouldn't miss:
- South Tyrol Archaeological Museum: It houses the Ötzi mummy dated to around 4000 years ago and whose body, clothing and equipment were perfectly preserved.
- Piazza Walther: This is the perfect location to enjoy an aperitif or sip a coffee.
- The historic centre: Closed to automobile traffic and only open to bicycles and pedestrians, it is considered to be the heart of the city with its arcades, fruit and vegetable market, Municipal square, beerhouses and typical locales where you can taste the best South Tyrol specialities.
If you are on holiday in Bolzano, we recommend a series of walks that you can reach in just a few minutes from the historic centre:
- Sant'Osvaldo walking route: It starts at Via Museo following the Lungo Talvera walking route to the right and then following the signs. The walk is not difficult and lets you enjoy a beautiful view overlooking the city of Bolzano.
- Guncina walking route: It starts from Via Knoller and ends at the first heights of San Genesio. The path is a continuous slight ascent but there are many opportunities to rest on the benches located along the way
- Soprabolzano: If you prefer walking and hiking at higher altitudes to escape the summer heat you can take advantage of the convenient Renon Cable Car that will take you 1200 metres up in 12 minutes. Here you will find many paths and trails. We suggest a visit to the Earth Pyramids, a very particular geological phenomenon that is very interesting to see.
In the winter, Soprabolzano and Corno del Renon become the realm of winter sports! Corno di Renon has excellent snow and is very sunny making for unforgettable days. At Corno di Renon you will find:
- 15 km of slopes that are ideal for the entire family
- A certified winter trail to travel by foot that leaves from the station uphill from the cable car
- Many possibilities for snowshoe hiking to discover snow-covered landscapes
- The Arena Ritten ice rink or the natural ice rink in Soprabolzano, accessible in the coldest months.
Discover Bolzano and its surroundings; choose a campsite in South Tyrol.